Friday, March 18, 2016

Excersice for the brain = Creativity



Everybody want to be creative. It doesn’t matter if you are an accountant, a lawyer, a teacher or an artist. We all benefit from creativity, and in my search for a better creative life, I’ve noticed that creativity is something we can cultivate, like exercising a muscle.



There are many ways to do that. From reading books, watching movies, going for a walk or, if you are more like me, you can find challenges on the internet that will make you accountable for your creative workout.



There are many challenges, like @Sketch_Dailies on Twitter or the Character design challenge by http://characterdesignreferences.com/



But for me I needed something simple, with no pressure and fun. So after browsing the web for a while and trying other challenges, I came across Boost Your Creativity: The Random Word Doodle Workout on Skillshare (I swear I don’t work for them). It’s great for everybody, you don’t have to draw professionally and it´s fun. Besides the actual doodling part, I liked that sharing our work is very encouraged.



The first day, when I was done doodling, I was about to close my sketchbook and not show anyone my horrible doodle. But then I remembered a quote by Joseph Chilton Pearse “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong”. I couldn’t agree more so I shared it and all the ones I’ve made so far, no matter how ugly they are.
Which brings me to the second part of the post. I was browsing in my Kindle library and came across a book I got and never got around reading it. The tittle was just perfect for this sharing work situation “Show your work!” By Austin Kleon. I read it in a couple of days and I recommend you do too.


It’s funny how we tend to find what we need as we go through life…  

No comments:

Post a Comment